The Cohasset Triathlon is a USA Triathlon (USAT) sanctioned event. You are racing under the USAT Competitive Rules and there will be USAT certified referees on the course to ensure fairness in the competition. There will be no warnings if you commit a foul during competition. At the end of the race all citations by the marshals are reviewed by the Head Referee who then decides if a penalty should be assessed. The Head Referee's ruling is final in the case of Position Violations and there are no protests or appeals of Position penalties.
In order to minimize misunderstandings on race day, make sure you follow the following rules during the bike leg:
- Wear your helmet with the chinstrap securely fastened at all times while on your bike.
- Ride on the right side of your lane.
- Keep three bike lengths between yourself and the cyclist in front of you.
- Pass on the left of the cyclist in front, never on the right.
- Complete your pass within 15 seconds.
- If passed, you must drop completely out of the zone, to the rear, before attempting to re-pass.
- You must wear the colored swim cap provided to you at packet pickup
- Your bike needs to have your bib number attached to it (this will be provided by the race)
- You must wear your bib number during the run leg (this is not required during the bike leg)
- iPods are not allowed
Finally, remember to treat other athletes, volunteers, and officials with courtesy and consideration. Failure to do so is called Unsportsmanlike Conduct and you will be disqualified.